Kiwis treasure this part of the world, where white sand beaches coexist with ancient mountains and forests.
Your clients can enjoy the locals' favourite shopping and eating spots at Mount Maunganui, or meet the local marine life in sparkling bays by day and discover glow worms after dark by kayak.
The best of Bay of Plenty
- Kayak through a glow-worm canyon – Your clients can watch a beautiful canyon come alive with twinkling lights, after a serene evening kayak across a still lake.
- Visit an island sanctuary – Experience the wildlife sanctuary Moutohora with a fully guided tour, then dig your own hot water spa on the shores of this protected Island.
- Meet the locals – Your clients can enjoy a marine wildlife tour onboard the Bay Explorer. They could spot dolphins, penguins, seals, whales, sunfish, school fish, seabirds, sharks, turtles and orca.
- Explore Māori culture – Recommend your clients visit Mataatua Marae, an authentic Māori meeting house that travelled the globe for 130 years before returning home. Or they can enjoy a Māori feast cooked in the earth, and a walking tour of Whakatāne’s sacred sites.
- Bee inspired by nature – Step inside a virtual beehive and learn about the fascinating life of the humble honeybee, or visit a working orchard to see why the region is the kiwi fruit capital of the world.
- For clients visiting the Bay of Plenty, consider splitting their stay between Tauranga and Whakatane to experience the whole region.
Videos on the region and other New Zealand regions
Bay of Plenty Regional Tourism Organisation (Bay of Plenty Tourism)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
www.newzealand.com (Bay of Plenty)
Climate & Weather:
23 °C / 73.4 °F
14 °C / 57.2 °F
15 °C/ 59 °F
6 °C / 42.8 °F