Are you planning a trip to New Zealand?
The Explore New Zealand Discount Programme offers travel sellers and media discounts and deals on select activities and accommodation.
Discover for yourself what makes New Zealand special so you can share your knowledge with your clients back home.
PLEASE NOTE: The Explore New Zealand Discount Programme is currently inactive due to border restrictions in New Zealand.
Who can apply?
- Frontline travel sellers resident outside of New Zealand, who have completed ten 100% Pure New Zealand Specialist Programme online training modules.
- Product planners, product managers and other key decision makers resident outside of New Zealand
When to apply?
- Once you have international flights booked to New Zealand
- Applications can’t be considered more than six months before proposed travel or less than two weeks before departing your home country
- If you are wishing to apply and it is close to your departure date, please contact the nearest TNZ office or use our Feedback Form.
What to do when you have been approved?
- Allow at least three weeks for your application to be processed
- You’ll receive an acknowledgment email with a unique ID number and a link to the deals on newzealand.com
- Once you have selected the activity/ accommodation you’d like to experience, remember to book ahead letting the operator know you are on the programme
What to do when you’re in New Zealand?
- To redeem the deal, please bring your confirmation email and passport and show it to the operator to confirm approval on the programme and to ensure your name matches that on the email.
- Have fun!
- Tourism New Zealand reserves the right to make the final decision with all Explore applications
- One pass is issued per couple, even if you’re both travel agents, as you’ll be travelling together
- You are welcome to apply again for any subsequent visits to New Zealand
- Explore passes are normally valid for no more than 30 days
- Travel agents must be resident outside New Zealand