Queenstown is known for its breath-taking scenery, vast range of experiences, cosmopolitan vibe and friendly local hosts.
With a reputation as the Southern Hemisphere’s premier four-season lake and alpine visitor destination, Queenstown offers your clients so much choice that no two days need be the same.
The best of Queenstown
- Adventure capital – Skydiving, bungy jumping, canyon swinging, jetboating, ziplining and luging offer your clients an adrenaline overload.
- Winter sports – With four different ski fields, there’s plenty of snow to go around in the winter. There’s also a vibrant après ski scene for your clients to enjoy.
- Cycling and mountain biking – Whether it's on the road or off the beaten track, take a guided or rided through a range of different terrains (or perhaps out to a local vineyard for a well-deserved glass of wine). The gravity assisted Queenstown Bike Park offers 30km of downhill bike trails for mountain bikers.
- Lakes and rivers – Your clients can take their pick when it comes to the water, with fishing, wakeboarding, waterskiing, parasailing, rafting and kayaking all available. The TSS Earnslaw offers a scenic cruise on a historic steamboat.
- Golf experiences – With six immaculate courses only a short drive away, Queenstown is a perfect place for clients to stay when looking for a golf package.
- Scenic flights – Fly over mountains, stunning fiords, glaciers and turquoise-blue lakes – all within an hour of Queenstown.
- Book your clients’ accommodation early during ski season (June – October). Queenstown also gets busy during the Christmas and New Year period.
- Autumn brings vibrant colours and settled weather to this region – perfect for photography and outdoor activities such as hiking and biking.
View training videos produced by Destination Queenstown: Queenstown and Golf in Queenstown
Videos on the region and other New Zealand regions
Queenstown Regional Tourism Organisation (Destination Queenstown)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
Climate & Weather:
22 °C / 71.6 °F
10 °C / 50 °F
9 °C/ 48.2 °F
0 °C / 32 °F