Stunning natural landscapes, inspiring arts, and delectable artisan produce await your clients in Nelson Tasman.
Three national parks provide multiple opportunities to enjoy the pristine coastline, lush native bush and snow-capped mountains in the year-round sunny weather.
Nelson Tasman is at the very heart of New Zealand. Its central location makes it an ideal place for your clients to pause in their itinerary.
The best of Nelson Tasman
- Abel Tasman National Park – In New Zealand’s only coastal national park, your clients can go on a guided hike, cruise, sail a catamaran, kayak or just relax on a golden-sand beach. They can stay overnight in a luxury lodge, a simple DOC hut or even a tent.
- Explore art galleries and museums – Your clients can meet local artists at their studios, or visit the Suter Art Gallery and Founders Heritage Park. Or marvel at an incredible collection of iconic cars at the Nelson Classic Car Musuem.
- Nelson Tasman from above – Suggest your clients see both the North and South islands from above while skydiving from 16,500 ft. Or they can take a personalised helicopter flight, with landings at The Lord of the Rings locations or on a remote mountain top.
- Craft breweries, cellar doors and local produce – Clients can take a self-guided tour of craft beer and cider breweries, or visit boutique wineries on a guided tour. Fresh seafood abounds at waterfront restaurants, while the Nelson markets will give your clients a taste of the area.
- Pristine waters – See some of the world’s clearest water at Te Waikoropupu Springs in Golden Bay and take a guided nature and bird tour along the unique Farewell Spit.
- Cycle the region’s great rides – Your clients with children can ride the family friendly Tasman’s Great Taste Trail and mountain bikers will enjoy the historically rich Coppermine Trail.
Videos on the region and other New Zealand regions
Nelson Regional Tourism Organisation (Nelson Tasman Tourism)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
www.newzealand.com (Nelson Tasman)
Climate & Weather:
23 °C / 73.4 °F
19 °C / 66.2 °F
13 °C/ 55.4 °F
2 °C / 35.6 °F