The Marlborough region is about world-famous Sauvignon Blanc, delicious fresh seafood and diverse landscapes – from valleys of vines to sheltered waterways.
Your clients can sample wines from cellar doors and indulge in leisurely vineyard lunches. Or they can get active and walk, cruise or kayak the Marlborough Sounds. The winding coastline is home to sheltered bays, island wildlife sanctuaries, walking and cycling trails and secluded places to stay.
The best of Marlborough
- Sauvignon Blanc and seafood – Take in New Zealand’s largest wine region with a winery or vineyard tour or by bike. Your clients can taste fresh local salmon, oysters and mussels on a seafood cruise.
- Marlborough Sounds – Suggest your clients explore secluded beaches and waterways on a cruise, guided kayak tour or luxury yacht and indulge themselves by staying in an exclusive retreat.
- Queen Charlotte Track – Mountain bike or walk the Queen Charlotte track to explore the Marlborough Sounds – the 71km track winds over scenic forested ridges and alongside sheltered inlets. Your clients can hike the entire track over four days or enjoy a shorter walk depending on their timetable.
- Wildlife – Marlborough is home to many rare and unique birds and marine animals. Suggest your clients take a swim with the several species of dolphins that play in the Marlborough Sounds, or visit the natural bird sanctuary on Motuara Island.
- The Queen Charlotte Track is one of New Zealand’s most accessible walks. It not only offers a variety of accommodation options, but water taxis can transfer your clients’ luggage between these each day.
- Don’t let your clients miss a visit to the internationally acclaimed Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, with its theatrical displays of WWI and WWII aircraft and memorabilia.
Videos on the Region and other New Zealand Regions
Destination Marlborough (Marlborough Regional Tourism Organisation)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
Climate & Weather:
23 °C / 73.4 °F
12 °C / 53.6 °F
13 °C/ 55.4 °F
3 °C / 37.4 °F