In Hawke’s Bay, your clients can sample award-winning food and wine, see outstanding architecture, and enjoy balmy days surrounded by magnificent landscapes.
Alongside a respect for fine wine and fresh local produce, there is an appreciation of architecture in the main city of Napier, after it was rebuilt in the Art Deco style after an earthquake in 1931. An extensive cycle trail network links activities and attractions with food and wine stops.
The best of Hawke’s Bay
- Wineries and cellar doors – With over 200 vineyards, 76 wineries and 33 cellar doors, the toughest decision your clients will face is where to start. Odyssey New Zealand, Prinsy's Tours and Bay Tours all offer guided food and wine experiences.
- Food – To match the wine, Hawke’s Bay also offers a range of local produce to try and farmers’ markets to visit.
- Art Deco – Your clients can take a guided tour of Napier's famed architecture, built following the 1931 earthquake. Step back in time and book them in for a tour in a stylish vintage car.
- Cycle trails – The Hawke's Bay Trails offer 200 km of flat, off-road trails that link activities and attractions, iconic landscapes and numerous food and wine stops. Guided tours can be arranged to suit all abilities and fitness levels.
- Cape Kidnappers – Your clients can take a tractor along the beach or a cliff-top tour to see the largest mainland gannet colony in the world, or play a round of golf with spectacular views.
- Each February thousands come to Napier to participate in the Art Deco Festival – make sure you book your clients’ accommodation early if they are travelling around that time.
- Recommend your clients hire a guide to go wine tasting so they can drink responsibly and not have to worry about driving.
Videos on the region and other New Zealand regions
Hawke's Bay Regional Tourism Organisation (Hawke's Bay Tourism)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
New Zealand Cycle Trail
Climate & Weather:
24 °C / 75.2 °F
14 °C / 57.2 °F
15 °C/ 59 °F
4 °C / 39.2 °F