There are two words that best describe the Hawkes Bay – "wine country". It's the perfect spot for clients who are looking to relax and soak up the sun.
Although local food and wine is savoured in Hawke’s Bay, the Art Deco architecture that features in the main city of Napier is also celebrated, especially since the city was rebuilt after an earthquake in 1931. If your clients want to get out of the city, there's an abundance of outdoor activities to keep them active.
The Best of Hawke’s Bay
- Wineries – With over 100 vineyards and 80 wineries, clients can drive the Classic NZ Wine Trail through Hawkes Bay to sample a multitude of fine wines.
- Food – To match the wine, Hawke’s Bay also offers a range of local produce to try and farmers’ markets to visit.
- Cape Kidnappers – Your clients can walk or take a tractor out to see the largest mainland gannet colony in the world, or take in a game of golf with views spreading across the region.
- Art Deco architecture – With numerous art deco shops along Emerson and Tennyson Streets, clients can wander by themselves or take a guided tour to learn more about the history.
- Cycle trails – With three trails linking Napier, Hastings and Havelock North, clients can hire a bike or cycle their way around the coast and wineries.
Videos on the Region and other New Zealand Regions
Hawke's Bay Regional Tourism Organisation (Hawke's Bay Tourism)
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
New Zealand Cycle Trail
Climate & Weather:
24 °C / 75.2 °F
14 °C / 57.2 °F
15 °C/ 59 °F
4 °C / 39.2 °F