Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, is naturally beautiful and a place of exciting contrast and endless adventures.
Your clients can take in the sun at one of the many restaurants, cafés or bars, savour some of New Zealand's best wine at the vineyards, or take a short ferry ride to explore one of the surrounding islands in the Hauraki Gulf. And that's only a few suggestions. With a moderate climate and plenty to do and see, Auckland delivers an unforgettable experience.
The best of Auckland
- Taste Auckland – With so many different cuisines on offer, your clients could quite happily eat their way around Auckland. Many of New Zealand's award-winning restaurants are here. Book them on a tasty tour of the city’s best spots for local food, wine and craft beer.
- The great outdoors – Your clients will find the best of both worlds in Auckland, with regional parks and beaches close to the city centre. Bush and Beach offer tours of unspoilt rainforest, waterfalls and rugged surf beaches. With the sea on the city’s doorstep, cruising, sailing and marine wildlife spotting are just some of the ways to enjoy it.
- Escape to the islands – Popular Waiheke Island is just 40 minutes away by ferry, an island haven with vineyards, boutique galleries and golden sand beaches. Various days tours (incl. ferry from Auckland) are available. Other islands to visit include Rangitoto Island, Great Barrier Island or the nature reserve of Tiritiri Matangi.
- Press play – Your clients can blow away the cobwebs with a walk around – or a jump off – Auckland’s iconic Sky Tower, climb the city’s Harbour Bridge or zipline above vineyards and through native forest.
- History, arts and culture – Occupying a unique heritage building, the Auckland War Museum is a cultural must, as well as Toi o Tāmaki Auckland Art Gallery, which shows both traditional and contemporary art.
- Auckland is more than a gateway destination, there is a lot to see and do to warrant a multi-day stay. Plan ahead as it’s a popular destination and books out well in advance.
- Recommend your clients visit the black sand beaches of Auckland’s west coast – give them a magnet to take so they can see what happens when they hover it over the ironsand.
Videos on the Region and other New Zealand Regions
Auckland Tourism, Events and Ecomnomic Development Organisation
Find an i-SITES Visitor Information Centre
Climate & Weather:
23 °C / 73.4 °F
16 °C / 60.8 °F
15 °C/ 59 °F
9 °C / 48.2 °F