No visit to New Zealand would be complete without stopping in Rotorua, well known for its geothermal activity.
Rotorua sits on the Pacific Rim of Fire, one of the world's most lively fields of geothermal activity. With so many hot springs and mud pools to visit, your clients will soak away their worries and experience true relaxation. Or if they want something more upbeat, Rotorua also offers a wide range of fun, adventurous activities.
The Best of Rotorua
- Māori culture – Rotorua offers many cultural activities, including tasting a hangi (a traditional meal cooked under the ground), a tour of original pre-European Māori villages or learning traditional Māori performing arts, such as the infamous haka.
- Geothermal activities – Clients can see natural geysers and otherworldly geothermal wonders or relax in mud pools, hot springs or thermal mineral hot pools.
- Wellness/Health spas – Incorporating such things as natural minerals, volcanic mud and steam, clients can be pampered at a local health spa.
- Adventure activities – From luging to ziplining and mountain biking, Rotorua offers many exciting, unique attractions.
- Lakes and Forests – Rotorua is famous for its sparkling lakes and the beautiful Redwood Forest, popular for walking, hiking and mountain biking.
Videos on the Region and other New Zealand Regions
Rotorua Regional Tourism Organisation (Destination Rotorua)
Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Redwood i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Climate & Weather:
23 °C / 73.4 °F
12 °C / 53.6 °F
13 °C/ 55.4 °F
3 °C / 37.4 °F