Drive a full-size digger in Invercargill, take a late season ski holiday at Mount Hutt and explore Central Otago’s best wineries on foot…
More China Southern flights to Christchurch over summer
China Southern Airlines will increase its direct service from Guangzhou to Christchurch over the upcoming summer season, going daily from 2 December 2017 to 26 February 2018.
New permanent exhibition for historic Treaty House
The Treaty House at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds will be closed from 21 August till the end of October. During this time a new permanent exhibition will be installed, which will feature several themed rooms. The space will be an introduction to the personality of the house as a family home, diplomatic centre, farmhouse and historic house, and an exploration of who lived and visited there.
New Auckland skydiving operator
Go SkyDive is a new skydiving tourism operator, and part of the Franklin Tourism Group. Experience breathtaking views of the Coromandel, Auckland City, Hamilton City and both the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean. Learn more
$3 million refurbishment for Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Holiday Inn Auckland Airport Hotel has embarked on a $3 million full refurbishment of its public spaces, including the restaurant and bar, function rooms, hotel lobby, reception and swimming pool. The redevelopment is scheduled for completion in January 2018.
New $4m Strata Lounge for international passengers
Auckland Airport has opened a new $4 million, 185-seat lounge for international passengers, known as the “Strata Lounge”. International passengers can purchase entry into the Auckland Airport owned and operated Strata Lounge for $49 online or $55 on the door.
To book, click here
Ramada Suites opens on Auckland’s North Shore
Ramada Suites Albany has recently opened on Auckland’s North Shore, and is conveniently linked by motorway to the central city and the rest of the Auckland region. The hotel has 66 serviced suites which all have kitchen and laundry facilities. An on-site cafe, gym and other restaurants and retail stores are located around the hotel.
Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari – closure in September
Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari will be taking a short break during September for its annual maintenance on the Dolphin Explorer vessel. They will be not operating trips from 11 September to 23 September. This summer Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari will run two trips daily, instead of one: 9am–1.30pm and 2.30pm –7pm. The extra sailings will run 1 December to 30 April. Learn more
Mount Hutt extends ski season
Mt Hutt in Canterbury will now remain open until mid-October, covering all the Australian state and territory school holidays. Initially due to close on Sunday 8 October, the 313-hectare ski field is now likely to remain open until Sunday
15 October, weather dependent.
4 Barrels Walking Wine Trail launches
The 4 Barrels Walking Wine Trail has been unveiled, providing an easy way for visitors and locals to navigate around four of Central Otago’s premium wine producers by foot. The self-paced 8-kilometre loop trail includes Misha’s Vineyard, Aurum Wines, Scott Base and Wooing Tree Vineyard, as well as capturing some wonderful scenery through orchards and around Lake Dunstan. The trail is free and brochures are now available at the Cromwell I-Site, Cromwell accommodation providers and at each of the participating tasting rooms.
Treetops NZ - West Coast Treetop Walkway & Café
Due to popular demand the West Coast Treetop Walkway & Café in Hokitika is introducing summer twilight hours for Thursday–Sunday: January, February and March 2018. This is a truly magical time of day to explore the West Coast rainforest, and experience a West Coast sunset as it goes down for the day.
Edgewater Motel Te Anau upgraded
The team at Edgewater Motel have been working throughout the winter upgrading the accommodation and now have seven superior quality one bedroom apartments that accommodate 1–4 guests per room.
More details here
Jucy Cruise – JUCY Zest Coach-Cruise-Coach Day Tour
From 1 October the JUCY Zest Coach-Cruise-Coach Day Tour to Milford Sound will be on JUCY’s premium vessel Gem of the Sound. This tour will operate on JUCY’s brand new 2017 coach, and will include Te Anau hotel pickups and drop offs.
Find out more on their website
Ziptrek have paired up with some like-minded activity companies in Queenstown to offer unique full day combo options to the FIT market.
Zip & Wilderness
- Travel on the Dart River Wilderness Jet and journey from Glenorchy, deep into the World Heritage area of Mt Aspiring National Park. Experience a unique combination of breath taking scenery and exciting jet boating on braided, glacier fed rivers before soaring to new heights as you combine with a Ziptrek zipline adventure based up on gondola hill.
Zip & Kiwi
- Keen to discover more about New Zealand's natural environment and see a real life kiwi? This combo combines a Ziptrek tour of your choice with entry to the Kiwi Birdlife Park located at the base of the gondola.
Zip & Ride
– Is the perfect choice for those wishing to explore this region by both air and land. After you’ve taken to new heights through the trees above Queenstown with either a Ziptrek Moa or Kea tour you’ll be feeling very environmentally friendly, so why not take to pedal power with Around The Basin and discover parts of the Wakatipu basin unreachable by car as you meander past lakes, rivers, gorges, historic Arrowtown or the winearea of Gibbston valley.
Contact Ziptrek's guest services agents at firstname.lastname@example.org
and they will book both activities on your clients’ behalf.
Mount Cook Heli-Snowshoeing by Alpine Guides (in partnership with The Helicopter Line)
You have until the end of September to book your clients on this new product, launched earlier this year.
- Two scenic helicopter flights in the Mount Cook region
- Incredible mountain, glacier and lake views
- Up to two hours of snowshoeing on a remote mountain
- Professional and experienced guides and pilots
- All equipment provided (boots, snowshoes, trekking poles, snow gaiters, rain pants and a warm jacket)
for more info on Mount Cook Heli Snowshoeing.
Dig This! open soon
New Zealand’s first heavy equipment playground, Dig This Invercargill, will officially open on Monday 2 October 2017. A huge amount of work is currently underway ensuring the new facilities at 84 Otepuni Ave are ready for those eager to get a first try at Dig This Invercargill.
Read the media release here